Sunday, August 13, 2006

No More Teen Poetry Cafe

The last night for Teen Poetry Cafe was Tuesday August 8th. And I might say it ended on a great note! Lots of teens and lots of poetry read. We had young folks there from public and private schools, teens and tweens. They was so much energy and it was such a "social" night. Laughing, movement, and lots of chatter going on. Check out some pictures from the Cafe.

If you were a teen and enjoyed yourself and would like to see the Cafe open over the holidays and school breaks, leave me a comment. I spoke with Penney, the owner of Beatnix about having Saturday workshops, especially right before UIL so those competing can sharpen their skills in preparation for the competitions. Poetry is one of the categories at all levels. I know because I was a volunteer UIL coach for Carver Academy this past Spring for the 6th graders. Now 7th grader Zagoria D. placed 2nd and she has graced the stage at Beatnix on a Thursday night with the big dogs! So email me or leave a comment if you are interested in Beatnix and HOT Poets hosting ongoing workshops or the Cafe opening back up before next Summer.

OAN, Beatnix is still having Open Mic Comedy on Tuesdays and I believe it will be every Tuesday night from 9pm until...Contact Beatnix Coffeehouse for more info.

No comments: